Look, I really don’t like mock drafts. But since some people have asked if I will do one, and since I entered a contest on NFL.com for one, I might as well share my sure to be failure of a mock. One little change and suddenly you have to make major changes. I tried to match players the teams actually need, but we know everyone has their own drafting methods.
If I get five right I’ll call it a good effort. But that’s the thing with mock drafts. Someone can spend 100 hours and get fewer picks right than the person throwing a list into Excel and doing a random number generator to make their picks.
- Kansas City Chiefs – OT Luke Joeckel
- Jacksonville Jaguars – DE Dion Jordan
- Oakland Raiders – DT Sharrif Floyd
- Philadelphia Eagles – DT Star Lotulelei
- Detroit Lions – OT Eric Fisher
- Cleveland Browns – CB Dee Milliner
- Arizona Cardinals – OG Chance Warmack
- Buffalo Bills – QB Ryan Nassib
- NY Jets – DE Barkevious Mingo
- Tennessee Titans – OT D.J. Fluker
- San Diego Chargers – OG Jonathan Cooper
- Miami Dolphins – DE Ezekiel Ansah
- NY Jets – QB E.J. Manuel
- Carolina Panthers – OT Lane Johnson
- New Orleans Saints – DL Sheldon Richardson
- St. Louis Rams - WR Tavon Austin
- Pittsburgh Steelers – LB Jarvis Jones
- Dallas Cowboys – DL Johnathan Hankins
- NY Giants – CB Xavier Rhodes
- Chicago Bears – LB Arthur Brown
- Cincinnati Bengals – S Kenny Vaccaro
- St. Louis Rams – DE Bjoren Werner
- Minnesota Vikings – LB Manti Te’o
- Indianapolis Colts – DE Damontre Moore
- Minnesota Vikings – QB Geno Smith
- Green Bay Packers – DL Cornellius Carradine
- Houston Texans – WR Cordarrelle Patterson
- Denver Broncos – DL Datone Jones
- New England Patriots – WR Justin Hunter
- Atlanta Falcons – TE Tyler Eifert
- San Francisco 49ers – S Eric Reid
- Baltimore Ravens – WR Keenan Allen
The beauty of this thing is I don’t care how I do, and I spent more time typing these out than putting it together.
Just let me know when the games start and we see how good these players really are. At least half of them will likely disappoint.
I also would like to further go on record in believing Cordarrelle Patterson is going to be a bust, and Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson will be the best NFL QB in this class.
UPDATE (1:00 A.M. Friday morning)
That was worse than expected. The only pick I got right was Jarvis Jones to Pittsburgh. Guess I still know the Steelers at least…
I did match up Tavon Austin to St. Louis and Eric Reid to San Francisco, but at much different numbers.
So be it.